Eccles Flats Evacuated After First Floor Gas Explosion

0
298

Three Flats of Ennismore Avenue, Eccles were evacuated shortly after 8:20AM this morning, after a gas cylinder exploded on the first floor.

Station manager, Mark Wilson reported:

“On arrival firefighters discovered windows blown out of the flat where the explosion occurred.

“North West Ambulance Service also attended the incident and dealt with the occupier of the flat who is believed to be suffering from shock.”

Two of the neighbouring flats have been evacuated as a precaution for further investigation.

There appear to have been no major injuries.