With the world’s biggest outdoor screen, the Manchester Christmas Drive in is coming to Old Trafford football ground
The Manchester Christmas Drive in will be showing Elf, Home Alone, The Muppet Christmas Carol and Die Hard to thousands of people, over the course of three days at Old Trafford football ground. As well as the movie screenings, visitors can enjoy festive food including crepes, a swing BBQ and hot chocolate.
The Manchester Christmas Drive in was designed to replicate the traditional American drive-in cinemas from the 1950s. The event features the world’s biggest outdoor LED screen, measuring 100 square metres. All visitors have to do to enjoy the showing is tune in to the movie through the car radio.
On average, British movie-goers now pay £7.17 to see a film at the cinema, whereas tickets to the Manchester Drive-in are just £26 per car. A standard car of five people will pay only £5.20 per person. Visitors can bring their own food and drink or buy food from the German market inspired stalls.
Film screening times are as follows:[one_third]
Wednesday December 21st
The Muppet Christmas Carol – 1.30pm
Home Alone – 6pm
Elf – 9.30pm[/one_third] [one_third]
Thursday December 22nd
Elf – 1.30pm
Home Alone – 6pm
Die Hard – 9.30pm[/one_third] [one_third_last]
Friday December 23rd
Elf – 1.30pm
Elf – 6pm
Elf – 9.30pm[/one_third_last]
General Manager of Christmas Drive in, Casey Williams, said,
“Most people really enjoy the Christmas films that get shown during the festive period, it adds to the Christmas experience and brings families together. We’re sure that the range of films we will be showing will cater to all ages and spread some festive cheer!
“Old Trafford football ground is the perfect location for the Manchester Christmas Drive in, families can do any last minute Christmas shopping then finish off the day with a hot chocolate and great film to get them in the festive spirit!”
To celebrate the launch of the Christmas Drive in Cinema, we’re giving away 3 tickets to our readers!
How to enter
To be in wish a chance of winning one of the three tickets for your car, all you have to do to enter is LIKE our Facebook page and SHARE the pinned post on there!
Please note that you must have liked our Facebook page for your entry to be valid.
Terms & Conditions
- The closing date is 15/12/16
- Only one entry per prize draw/competition, per reader.
- All prizes are subject to availability, and Manchester Christmas Drive in reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative product or colour of equal or higher value if necessary at the promoters’ discretion.
- No purchase necessary.
- Prize draws and competitions are only open to UK residents aged 18 years or over.
- Winner(s) will be selected at random after the closing date by an independent judge from all entries received. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner(s) will be notified by email within 1 weeks of the closing date. Following such notification, the winner will be required to send the Promoter full contact details to which the Prize will be delivered (if applicable).
- If the Promoter cannot: (i) contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within a reasonable period of time (to be established at the Promoter’s sole discretion); or (ii) the winner does not return details of its contact details to the Promoter within 5 days of notification that they have won the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw a winner of the Promotion and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.
- By entering any of Manchester Christmas Drive in online prize draws and competitions you agree to being contacted by Manchester Christmas Drive in.
- The winner may choose which day and showing they attend.